Question: Is it safe to sleep with a propane heater?

Sleeping with a propane space heater on is dangerous and potentially deadly for you and your family. In fact, thats how more than half of the fires caused by space heaters get started. If you are using a vent-free propane space heater, using it while sleeping puts you in danger of carbon monoxide (CO) poisoning.

Are propane heaters safe for bedrooms?

Make sure your propane indoor space heater is installed on a non-combustible surface away from where people walk and that it is positioned safely away from combustible materials such as furniture, curtains, doors, bedding and towels. And make sure your propane indoor space heater is turned off before you go to bed.

Are propane heater fumes harmful?

Without proper ventilation, the propane heater will use all of the available oxygen in the room to continue burning the propane fuel and replace it with the carbon monoxide. The common symptoms of carbon monoxide poisoning are dizziness, nausea, headache, weakness, confusion, and sleepiness.

Can a Mr heater be used indoors?

This heater, youll note, has a low oxygen sensor that shuts it off automatically. This is a safety feature to keep carbon monoxide from being produced as a result of too little oxygen in the air. Therefore this should theoretically be safe indoors and will not produce carbon monoxide.

Can a propane heater explode?

Propane patio heaters may also lead to explosions because of leakage, particularly from the connectors or tubes. A highly explosive and flammable material by nature, it can seep into fabrics or other flammable materials to cause a blaze.

How often do propane tanks explode?

According to Consumer Product Safety Commission estimates, roughly 600 propane tank explosions occur each year. Every accident is different and is the product of the attendant circumstances, so one cannot accurately predict without examining the circumstances present at the accident.

Can dogs smell carbon monoxide?

Dogs arent able to sense or smell carbon monoxide, so theyre not able to alert their owners to its presence before it happens or when the first leak of carbon monoxide is evident, but it is true that dogs will be affected by carbon monoxide much quicker than humans.

Write us

Find us at the office

Kyker- Kublin street no. 42, 51864 Pretoria, South Africa

Give us a ring

Carnell Mckean
+65 937 708 93
Mon - Fri, 10:00-20:00

Contact us